Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: State of the PC Industry - HP lays of 25,000

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris HarlanRe: State of the PC Industry - HP lays of 25,000
by on May 23, 2012 at 5:20:53 pm

[Andrew Richards] "[Chris Harlan] "They often announce hardware weeks or in some cases months before it is shipping."

Only if it is an all new product segment, like the iPhone in 2007 and the iPad in 2010. There hasn't been a paper launch of a new Mac since maybe the original MacBook Air in January, 2008, and that was measured in days, not weeks or months. In recent years new Macs haven't even had press events. They just show up on Apple's site and in Apple's stores. All the new-Macs hubbub comes from without, not from Apple.
"

Andy, there was a two week delay with this year's iPad. And, I agree that with older lines they most often just refresh. But I was responding to "Apple doesn't announce hardware in advance." I just don't think that you can predict those kind of things from Apple. If they want to tell you about Thunderbolt in advance, they will. They'll talk about its eventual implementation long before it happens. And, they'll drop saucy hints all over the place about things like Apple TV, for an entire year before its implemented. They just do it on their own terms, and with as little or as much info as suits them. What about the 17,000 well-placed mentions of "post-PC world" in the iPad release talk? I guess that could just be sales blather, but it seems to me that that was making a rather profound announcement about the general future of Apple hardware.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]