Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: After a year has perception of FCPX changed?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Greg AndonianRe: After a year has perception of FCPX changed?
by on May 23, 2012 at 7:33:23 am

My opinion of it HAS changed since it first came out.

When FCPX was first released I thought, "This program is an unstable mess, and on top of that it's basically a souped-up version of iMovie"

Now, my opinion has changed to, "The stability issues have gotten much better and a few new professional features have been added, but it's basically a souped-up version of iMovie."

Even if X becomes rock-solid, without a beach ball in sight, there's still the issue of the hassles created by the "features" of the magnetic, trackless timeline.

Last year at the SuperMeet, Apple trumpeted FCPX like it was brand new and revolutionary, and it wasn't. Most of the core functionality in X already existed in iMovie before FCPX came out.

The paradigm of FCPX, which originated in Apple's consumer-friendly free editing app, was NOT DESIGNED to tackle the complex needs of professional editors who have deadlines looming, and that's why so many pros feel frustrated with it.

I remember seeing a post by someone in another thread who said, "You just have to think a few steps ahead of it." Then another poster responded with a line that sums up my feelings about X really well:

"I want to edit, not play a game of chess with my NLE."

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]