Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: After a year has perception of FCPX changed?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter SoykaRe: After a year has perception of FCPX changed?
by on May 22, 2012 at 11:31:29 pm

[Craig Seeman] "Yes I think there will be small facilities in which a small number of people who may have a prior history of collaboration putting together a few seats... It can also be the corporate entity itself that wants to put together a small workgroup for in house work. It may even be the small in house work group "let go" and decide to replicate that on their own."

But in all these cases, if access to capital or startup cost is the determining factor as you outlined in your previous post, Creative Cloud wins, not FCPX.

Even with perpetual licensing, if you need PS, AI, and AE, you get Pr for free and FCPX would be an additional cost.

[Craig Seeman] "Having spent a good portion of my life editing in those types of facilities and seeing new ones spring up, this will be a growth point for FCPX."

I do agree with that. FCPX can and will win where it offers the best workflow. It's a good choice for many.

When the price is this low, and the hardware is common across all the major apps, I just don't see how sticker price of the NLE software will be the primary concern for a serious facility of any type or size.

If it were all about price, everyone would use be using Lightworks, right?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter