Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: After a year has perception of FCPX changed?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob WoodheadRe: After a year has perception of FCPX changed?
by on May 22, 2012 at 9:56:11 pm

Bill, would you elaborate a bit on your comment below? In a (very) rare event, I have strapped myself down in front of FCPX tutorials (I do NOT do tutorials! lol) and have been learning X while trying as little as possible to "mold" it to my way thinking. I've found quite a few things that make me pause and go "hmm.... that's neat...", not the least of which are the metadata aspects.

What's your workflow to support the concept below? Add metadata as you work, then when project is complete, offline the media, but keep the project files online to enable metadata searching? I can immediately think of one client where a "permanent metadata library" would be a heck of a thing, WAY better than just named clips & folders. Which then leads to the question; could metadata for clips be shared? (Simple as sharing an event with clip info?)

In X, I see my edits a little bit more as mini-programs in a connected library. And so the metadata is the core to searching, sorting and re-purposing it after the fact.

"Constituo, ergo sum"

Bob Woodhead / Atlanta
CMX-Quantel-Avid-FCP-Premiere-3D-AFX-Crayola
"What a long strange trip it's been...."

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy