Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: After a year has perception of FCPX changed?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael GissingRe: After a year has perception of FCPX changed?
by on May 22, 2012 at 9:19:18 pm

From a finishing facility point of view, my attitude has changed in one respect. I now tell editors that there is a workflow out of FCPX for broadcast work and I no longer caution against them using it, provided they also purchase software to get AAF or OMF out.

But the feedback I get from a lot of editors mirrors Shane's. They just don't think the methodology is an improvement and the learning curve is off putting. Most importantly there is more affordable choice than ever for an alternative NLE so let this weird offshoot cater to the prosumer. This seems to be at the heart of many complaints. 'X is not designed for working broadcast editors'. This is a common perception from editors. (Don't shoot the messenger.)

Without a doubt though the thing that has not changed and in many cases seems worse is the trust issue. Another universal comment is that Apple cannot be trusted and there is a resentment at the 'my way or the highway' approach. The perception is that Apple have been reluctant to change their vision of what editors need and that the heavy lifting of getting features back has been from keen third parties.

Personally I think many issues have been addressed but in a way that still makes people reluctant to put trust in Apple for editing software and hardware.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]