Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: After a year has perception of FCPX changed?

COW Forums : Decks & VTRs

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael GarberRe: After a year has perception of FCPX changed?
by on May 22, 2012 at 5:36:23 pm

I've purposefully jumped into FCPX full-force on certain projects to see what works and what breaks. At an industry event I went to the other night, I was telling people what was working for me and what wasn't. The general consensus among facility managers, editors, etc... that I spoke to was that they had no real use for FCPX right now. Most have gone back to Avid and are waiting for Premiere to mature a bit more.

I see great potential in X, but also I experience harsh realities every time I use it. I would still label X as too buggy and unreliable. But that is not stopping me from using it on some projects.

What stops me from using it is that most of my production clients don't have FCPX and don't want it - or have no editors trained in it. So, when I use FCPX, I'm basically on an island. The production co's don't want me to use it because they can't get back into the projects to do future work.

I've been diving into Premiere, as well. Again, great potential here. My general feeling is 6.5 will be the "killer app."

At the last LAFCPUG event, Michael Horton felt that FCPX would bounce back within 36 months. I think given the negative feelings about X and the amount of work still needed on it, that's about right.

Michael Garber
5th Wall - a post production company

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]