Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Anyone on here cut a feature in FCP X?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Paul AspuriaRe: Anyone on here cut a feature in FCP X?
by on May 17, 2012 at 6:59:13 am

This article been posted here before but check it out and I think it answers your questions.

http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/in-action/electric/

Of course it's a 60 min show. One thing you need to be careful with is using plugins. I've noticed certain plugins can cause projects issues. Just make duplicates of edits periodically or use that new Pro Versioner to make backups. I've cut a feature on it in ProRes444 worked out fine for me.

The key thing is organization. It keeps the projects running smoothly.

In terms of cutting, I love the fluidity of the interface. I work with Premiere and FCP7 daily for my job but I love how FCPX works. I wish they would add a machine with FCPX because from what I see it's more then capable to working on most of the jobs. It's funny how a lot of people have missconception and haven't even touched it. First thing they say, "Wow you can edit on it." They acted surprised that it even works.

Anyways, happy cutting on whatever you decide to use.

-p

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]