Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Editing scenario

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter SoykaRe: Editing scenario
by on May 15, 2012 at 8:59:10 pm

[Simon Ubsdell] "Another example which I keep coming back to because nobody seems to want to give me an answer about it is what to do when you only want to select an I or an O and favoriting under those circumstances means selecting the whole clip forwards or backwards. Am I (again) missing something that I am seeing this as an undesirable consequence of the favoriting "solution"?"

I guess I don't see the problem there, at least with respect to FCP7. You could only have one "favorite" per clip in FCP7 anyway, since you could only have one set of markers.

Do you have another use for single, unmatched I/OPs besides three-point editing (which isn't bothered by the extraneous end point that you didn't pick)?

[Simon Ubsdell] "For example, you cannot favorite within an already favorited region without first unfavoriting. This is surely a significant drawback. What if I wanted to keep the favorite that I was unfavoriting but use it for later? "

A big -- and seemingly inexplicable -- limitation. I'd love to see that addressed.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter