Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Hardware makes a huge difference with FCPX

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret WilliamsRe: Hardware makes a huge difference with FCPX
by on May 15, 2012 at 8:34:37 pm

Same experience sorta. I've got two systems. Old 2006 MacPro with Radeon 5770, and iMac 27" i7 with Pegasus TB raid.

Both run FCP 7 the same pretty much. And at first glance, they both run X pretty much the same. Until you start trying to do actual projects. On the i7, the experience with multi cam and h264 is seamless. Plays back multiple streams in realtime and barely misses a beat with layers of h264 1080p24. Nothing stutters or stalls or crashes or even beach balls. It just works. This is since 10.0.4 mind you. AND it's with BlackMagic Intensity Extreme. With the Matrox hooked up and latest drivers on the Mac Pro, I'm still having audio issues I had with it on either system with 10.03. Static in the audio and crappy audio performance overall. But now it doesn't crash the system when scrubbing effects or give many beach balls.

I haven't used it with AJA. But with BM Intensity Extreme and an iMac i7, FCP X has been a great experience.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]