Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Editing scenario

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jim GibertiRe: Editing scenario
by on May 15, 2012 at 1:10:39 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "Because you need that music to land exactly at 1:30?

If that music is the constant, it should go in the primary, at least that's how I would work if it made sense."

You're definitely not getting my point.
Because I want one element or another of a story to maintain a fixed position, in no way means I want it to define the constant. It's just A constant, one of many fixed points and segments, like in the editing we always did before FCPX.

[Jeremy Garchow] "The primary is time. Control the primary, you control time.
"

Which is fundamentally limiting in what should/could be an unrestrictive creative environment. The Primary can be time. But other places above or below can also be fixed in time relative to 0, completely ignoring the Primary as god, with the littlest of evolving on Apple's part.

I simply don't like being limited when it's completely unnecessary. All the goodness of X is there, it's simply better in many, many scenarios. It's a forward move not a retreat.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]