Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Editing scenario

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: Editing scenario
by on May 14, 2012 at 5:44:56 pm

[Oliver Peters] "While that is true, the timeline and editing model were all in place in 1989 and conceptually has never changed. Basically they got it right, straight out of the gate."

Really?

It was way more basic in 1989. X has those same basics.

Smart Tools weren't available until recently, avid has a "mode" style of editing. Are those "right" straight out of the gate?

Smart Tools, from what I've read, caused a storm of emotion from the avid faithful, and it was something that could be turned off! Does that mean smart tools were wrong, or simply ignored by long time avid users?

X foundations, I think, will remain.

I'm not sure if tracks are needed, certainly more control is needed, but it doesn't have to take up the track method. Roles need to do more for the edit.

[Oliver Peters] "I'm not saying Apple got it wrong, but rather that the UI design is as important - maybe more so - to the user experience than the underlying guts."

Surely. People that have to no NLE experience move on ok with fcpx. People who are used to a track based system sometimes struggle, some don't. Each user experience is relative. I don't think Apple is done, and I don't think fcp 10.0 was what they ultimately wanted to put out, but I have no idea if that's true or not. I'll probably never know.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]