Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Editing scenario

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve ConnorRe: Editing scenario
by on May 14, 2012 at 5:44:09 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "I guess I have a hard time seeing how this would be a problem in X.

No matter what, completely remaneuvering a timeline takes work in any NLE.

I find that you still have to edit in X, its not automagic as people seem to claim, as you know.

This is a wild guess, but it seems that the a1/a2 tracks drive a lot of that piece, and they would be in the primary.

The long stretches of music and accompanying broll could be in secondaries, or simply just connected to a gap until you get the timing sorted. if you want to get really crazy, you could put the music in the primary during those sections, but it's not necessary. What I really like about fcpx is how much you can move things around and experiment very easily with no penalty of losing clips. Everything really does slide out of the way. Most of the time it's flexible, and you might have to rearrange the "stacking order" to accommodate.

There's still replace edit functions in X, and dragging connected clips around is very easy. You could always make little groups of secondaries to keep certain related clips together if needed. Changing every edit takes work, I don't think there's any difference in magnets or not in that scenario."

Couldn't agree more

Steve Connor
"Sometimes it's fun to poke an angry bear with a stickl"
Adrenalin Television

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy