Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Editing scenario

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John GodwinRe: Editing scenario
by on May 13, 2012 at 9:50:12 pm

"It wasn't designed with a wide range of editing needs in mind. As I have said before I can cut paying jobs on pinnacle studio. That, within this 'what isn't pro about it' reasoning makes pinnacle studio pro. But it is a consumer conceived bit off software."

Actually Pinnacle Studio is derived from Liquid, which was designed to compete head to head with Avid. Should have won, too.

I'm beginning to think that, considering the depth built into FCPX and the obviously unfinished nature of it, that we should consider introducing what I'll call the Pro Rule. (Also based on the considerable discussion of who is and who isn't a pro.)

So, the Pro Rule is that when your argument is that something isn't Pro, or that someone isn't Pro because they don't do the same exact things you do, you automatically lose. That way these endless circular threads that devolve into that discussion might instead stay on topic as shown in this thread, where the original question was not "Is FCPX Pro" but was "How would you handle this scenario in FCPX?"

Or not.

Best,
John

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy