Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Thank you Apple - and don't change course. Please

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott SheriffRe: Thank you Apple - and don't change course. Please
by on May 12, 2012 at 10:00:40 pm

[Steve Connor] "I'd imagine, like me, most of the Professionals who use FCPX on here don't use most of the "auto" functions."

Apple spent time developing that, when they should have been working on features that were actually useful, that we weren't turning off. Opening legacy FCP projects, roundtrip to exiting apps, and interchange are a few things that come to mind.

[Steve Connor] "How so? lack of fixed tracks? no source viewer?"

To start with, see the above comment but, yes how the tracks work sucks, plus there are not enough tracks. No source viewer, hate that too. Who is that for? Doesn't remember in/out on clips, fail. No FX Scripts so you can't easily build, or modify existing plugins inside the editing app, or at all. Speaking of plugins, expensive plugins I already own like EMA, don't work in X and if there was a X version available, I'm sure I'd have to buy them again, fail. How about not being able to get a hard copy of the software? I can't say I like that either. Plus the clip organization is for people that don't log and screen their footage. I could go on...

[Steve Connor] "It's not just .h264 that FCPX is fast with, it's also quick with ProRes, XDcam (once unwrapped!) and AVCHD"

I have an octo, running SL with 16 gigs. I didn't think it was faster, or even as fast on PR or HDV, which is what I had handy at the time, and mostly work with.

[Steve Connor] "Apart from the lack of roundtripping, the latest version of Motion is the best yet"

Well to the lack of roundtripping, you can add not being able to open multiple projects at the same time. Two very handy things that I use all the time, that I suspect many others do too.
Despite being cheap, I hadn't seen anything it did, that you couldn't do with the current Motion. But there are things new Motion can't do. Those things plus the risk to my system stability, make the new Motion a no go.
Thinking about the handling of the X roll out/unannounced EOL of FCS, makes giving apple any of my cash in the future a very unlikely scenario.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Where were you on 6/21?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]