Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: FCP7 to PP6: series of questions

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jules bowmanRe: FCP7 to PP6: series of questions
by on May 11, 2012 at 6:07:57 pm

hey. yes, i'm making a request short list :) i've posted on the adobe forums too and have found some answers... some definitely don't exist, others do and are sorted, and discovered a cool feature with the thumbnail version of bins which was nice... but yes will get there.

I have a 2 x 2.26 quad core. 16gig of ram and (sadly) a NVIDIA GeForce GT120

I have to say that clips (currently pro res encodes from my canon dslr, out of habit at the moment) in the timeline with CC on them have red bars above them but play fine.

I've started wrapping my head around the screen layout too (have two monitors) and have to say I really like the way you can put things where you want. I know we all edit differently and I have my own way and at the start with PP i was frustrated with how certain things worked as pertaining the windows but after 'getting' the scope of the layout options, all is now rather dandy.

I am feeling that PP, and the rest of the Adobe suite, is a distinct possibility for me. It is frustrating that the little things i used to be able to do in FCP7 which were time savers and key stroke savers etc., cannot be done at the moment, but I am aware that Adobe listen and try and implement things so i'm willing to wait.

I mean it took a few years for Apple to change the default shadow drop down to 2 pixels.

When our head is stroked and we're told we're loved, then we'll put up with hair blocking the plug hole.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]