Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: CS6 is released - so what now?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: CS6 is released - so what now?
by on May 11, 2012 at 4:04:42 pm

[Thomas Frank] "I am not going into the CUDA thing since we have 60% of our Mac Pro have it... but the comment about the OSX to be being a powerhouses. This is the most absurd thing I ever heard since the day I was introduced to the computer!
You aware the OSX is build on UNIX right which is a multitask whore, don't get me wrong Windows 7 is not bad (took them for ever to get descent OS... and NT was good) but there is a reason why Unix and Linux is still used today for Supercomputing."

It's built on it, but it's not the same.

Don't get me wrong. I'm am going to stick with OSX for as long as possible.

There's more to an OS besides speed.

You can boot a Mac in to windows and using the same software, it runs "faster". It doesn't mean better or more convenient.

OSX isn't a slouch. It's very powerful.

But when doing speed tests with similar software, OSX doesn't run quite as fast.

I am comparing how NLEs run, not what servers need to do. There's big differences and there's no hard and fast rules.

Jeremy

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]