Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Premiere vs. FCPX

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lance BachelderRe: Premiere vs. FCPX
by on May 11, 2012 at 4:10:00 am

It's really a love/hate relationship with Vegas lol. But it truly is the only NLE that gives you picture editing and the power of Pro Tools all in the same timeline. This works well for the indie features I cut because I like to sound design and cut in score as I edit. I've had a 90 min. 1080p timeline with over 60 tracks of 5.1 audio going with no slow down. Plus I get to use plug-ins like WAVES and isotope while I cut and mix. It also has a great secondary color correction tool.

The ONLY reason I've kept a PC's around for the past decade is Vegas. Even shows I've cut in FCP or Avid I've done the mix in Vegas. Version 11 has been very problematic - just take a peek at the Vegas forum and you'll see all the posts. This has been the main reason why I continue to support and test NLE's like FCPX and Premiere. But I'm hoping they get the bugs fixed and as a beta tester I can say there is hope, lots of it.

Vegas was the first full 64bit NLE. The first to support native RED 4k files and one of the first to offer true stereoscopic editng. 3rd party plugs by Boris,Red Giant, New Blue and GenArts are fully supported. It also supports realtime playback via the widest array of graphics cards from both ATI and nVidia! Matrox, AJA and BMD cards are supported.

It has it's problems and it's a weird interface for the uninitiated but it never fails to blow away everyone who sits down with me for a session or a demo...

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+2
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy