Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: CS6 is released - so what now?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David LawrenceRe: CS6 is released - so what now?
by on May 8, 2012 at 11:58:02 pm

[Steve Connor] "So that's it, if you're moving on from FCS3 then all our options are now before us (apart from the small matter of the Mac Pro)

Has the release of CS6 enabled you to make a decision about your future NLE of choice?"

Well, I'm obviously impressed, but first impressions are one thing and reality is another. I'll be transitioning but the transition won't happen completely overnight.

For me two big issues are plug-ins and rendering/output workflow. Working the Adobe way will take getting used to. I need to run benchmarks and get a sense of what my expectations should be. Then see how it works in the real world.

For work with my LA partners, losing iChat Theater Preview will be a big bummer. We've gotten used to remote collaborative edit sessions and it makes our process much more efficient. Not ready to buy a AJA box just to use with Skype.

I'll download the Smoke trial out of curiosity but for the work I do it's way overkill.

Lightworks is interesting too.

Will even keep FCPX around. I think for certain kinds of projects it's perfect.

Sticking with MacOS so that rules out Edius and other PC NLEs

That really leaves PrPro and Avid and for my day-to-day needs, PrPro is a much better fit.

I'm happy we have so much choice this year.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]