Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: "I'll stick to FCP but I encourage you to switch to CS6"

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Iain AndersonRe: "I'll stick to FCP but I encourage you to switch to CS6"
by on May 5, 2012 at 11:20:15 am

[Giorgio Palazzi] "It was when I tried to lock myself to music FCPX felt like a cold bath."

FCP X tries to keep most things in "local sync", such as sound effects with the clip they were attached to. This falls apart with a music video, where "global sync" is more important, and you may not want everything to ripple.

Still, it's pretty easy. Add your music track as the Primary Storyline, and connect clips to it. If you want more typical FCP X rearranging abilities, select some/all of those connected clips and make them into a Secondary Storyline with Command-G. Connect all your edits (or drag them into that secondary storyline) and you'll be fine.

Another way is to connect the music track to your first clip, then activate the Position tool to avoid rippling.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]