Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Thank you Apple - and don't change course. Please

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb SevushRe: Thank you Apple - and don't change course. Please
by on May 3, 2012 at 6:23:15 pm

I've got some long renders and file transfers over USB this morning, so here I go.

[Jeremy Garchow] "Was it a market leader? No question is was extremely popular, but market leader is hard to prove, and like with any statistic, you can sort of fudge the numbers around to display what is "leading" and it also is different for different markets."

OK, lets throw out "market leader" and replace it with the phrase "very successful" - now I still stand by my original idea that it will be a long time before we see anything like the EOL of FCP.

[Jeremy Garchow] "They see FCPX as a replacement for Studio, and we could argue about if it really is (and it's not, feature for feature) but everything else they have truly EOLd they have announced and brought along with it the subsequent whitepapers and information about what to do and where to go next. While many people (including me at the moment) can't use FCPX as an FCS3 replacement, in Apple's eyes, it is the replacement. "

Yes, in marketing terms it was a replacement, but operationally it wasn't. The fact that it goes against everything Apple has done before is a justification for customer anger, not a proof that it was a replacement. Claiming that X was a "replacement" for Legacy is just another example of why it's best to bring an umbrella when talking to a marketing guy. I will say that 10.04 is much closer to being a replacement, but then again the whole point was that they EOL'd Legacy with X at 1.0.

[Jeremy Garchow] "it's only my opinion, companies will only tell you so much about their ultimate long term future plans. "

I'm not asking for "ultimate long term future plans" I'm just looking for a clue as to what they're doing over the next 6 months. I don't think that's too much to ask. Intel manages to do this, as does HP, as does Adobe.

[Jeremy Garchow] "For some (and I think this was Carsten's point) FCPX might fit. That doesn't make him wrong."

No argument.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS