Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: FCPX You May Hate but You Still Come Here to Congregate!

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shawn MillerRe: FCPX You May Hate but You Still Come Here to Congregate!
by on May 3, 2012 at 5:24:44 pm

[Gary Slickman] "This is such a passionate, evocative forum that stimulates thinking about a myriad of pertinent topics on so many levels. Marketing strategy of the hardware/software providers, editing techniques and philosophies, technical issues that delve deep into the inner workings of the “man behind the curtain”, adversarial relationships are only a few of the themes that have led to high energy, enlightening and entertaining, exchanges."

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree here. But that seems to be the purpose of a debate forum, no? The other Cow forums you mentioned aren't.

[Gary Slickman] "Whether they are right, wrong or misunderstood, no company gets the juices flowing like Apple."

Now this, I have to disagree with. IMO, it may be more fair to say "no company gets MY juices flowing like Apple." I've felt for a long time that FCP users (and Mac users in general) have needed to 'get out' a bit more and understand the wider world of post production. Apple certainly is innovative, but no moreso than Autodesk, Avid, Adobe, Pixologic, Nextlimit, Maxon, Triple Squid Software Design, Anderson Technologies or any of the few thousand other hardware and software vendors that service the creative community. Want to see passion, debate and theater? Go to reduser.net and suggest that The Epic X is a desperate attempt make a true digital cinema camera that can compete with Arri's Alexa. :-)

Shawn

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]