Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Thank you Apple - and don't change course. Please

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dennis RadekeRe: Thank you Apple - and don't change course. Please
by on May 3, 2012 at 12:41:09 pm

[Carsten Orlt] "Could you explain how it does work when you put 5 different codecs into one sequence? Will the final output switch on the fly between the different codecs or does it convert everything on the fly to a chosen master codec? I always thought you need a final render in the end at least?"

From Premiere Pro's POV, there is no 'codec'. It's working space is resolution independent so it doesn't matter. When you choose a sequence preset, it makes the frame rate, frame size, aspect ratio etc. conform to what you tell it to, but you don't need to necessarily put that kind of media into the sequence. I'll let McGavran or an Adobe engineer correct me here if I'm in error.

Premiere Pro seeks to make frame rate, codec, aspect ratio etc. unimportant to the editor. you should be able to mix any codec that we understand on the timeline regardless of how different it is from your sequence preset.

The only area where we've had problems is when delivering outputs for broadcasters to iTunes deliverables. When you mix certain formats together on export there are small interlacing issues we've experienced in the past. My understanding is that we have addressed those with CS6 and I'm looking to hear back from my broadcast customers about this specific thing.

Final output is what you make it. The idea is that you never render ever while editing. You only render when you want to make final outputs. So, the PRemiere Pro timeline has 5 different codecs on the timeline and you want to make an OP1a, an H264 and an Animation output. You would select those three output types and Adobe Media Encoder would generate them from the Premiere Pro timeline.

Hopefully, this makes sense and I'm answering your questions. Let me know if I missed something.

Dennis - Adobe

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]