Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: OT (or maybe not) - Harris to sell Broadcast Business

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim WilsonRe: OT (or maybe not) - Harris to sell Broadcast Business
by on May 3, 2012 at 7:10:29 am

[Craig Seeman] "I look at what Blackmagic has done with Resolve and think that, given they keep expanding into a complete and complimentary end to end workflow, that an NLE might be something they'd add to their product kit."

We interviewed Grant just before NAB, and he talked at some length about Teranex. When I asked him about maybe buying Avid, he changed the subject. :-) He spoke about his dissatisfaction as an Avid customer in the early 90s, and how that was part of what drove him to make inexpensive I/O hardware, as well as working with them in their new era of openness. He made it sound pretty far-fetched though.

A really fun interview, by the way. Especially if you've never heard Grant speak before, you're in for a real treat. Very opinionated, direct and witty. Even beyond the specifics of his company, you'll hear lots of great insights into the way he thinks and his vision for the industry, from his perspective as a former post and broadcast engineer into Blackmagic. ("Moving from post-production to manufacturing, I've been really shocked! There are some horrible people in this place!")

Even knowing how aggressively he moves, seeing a $90,000 converter drop to $2995 in 6 months -- AND adding features and reducing size --is staggering. Turns out that the only people who could possibly have upstaged that story....are Blackmagic, with that dang camera!

Anyway, Grant's interview is here: "Grant Petty: We Want to Blow People's Minds."

Tim Wilson
Associate Publisher, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW Magazine
Twitter: timdoubleyou

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy