Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Thank you Apple - and don't change course. Please

COW Forums : Creative COW Magazine feedback

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris HarlanRe: Thank you Apple - and don't change course. Please
by on May 3, 2012 at 3:30:37 am

[Carsten Orlt] "That is my story. What is yours?
"

Very well said! I don't think you need to worry about FCP X changing direction too much, because it very much IS what it is, and any change aimed at making it more in line with traditional NLEs would have to be much more than cosmetic.

I've pretty much accepted that it isn't for me as my tier one NLE, but I can easily see using it for certain kinds of things, and I can imagine projects where it would be the best choice, though they are not the kind of projects I generally work on.

Hopefully, the changes that do get made will be more reflective of the kind of things YOU need, and not as an attempt to win people like me over. Things like a better back-up system and a slightly better way to handle and split apart audio. I'll never be completely happy with it without tracks, but I agree with you, and don't think it should be mercilessly mutated into something that appeases me but takes the ease of use away from you.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]