Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: What are you thinking about CS6?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael GissingRe: What are you thinking about CS6?
by on May 2, 2012 at 3:49:15 am

As an picture & audio post facility, I have to say that a combination of clip based gain & EQ plus track & bus based automation is the most powerful and useful combination. Clip based keyframing of audio is clumsy compared to having track and bus faders to ride.

That said it is vital that a simple means to move track based automation with the clips is important so that automation made during the edit process sticks to clips. If Adobe can make sure this happens elegantly then I think editors will see the benefit of track based automation.

Whenever I had to rough mix in FCP the fact that everything was clip based was a major pain. It really is so slow and hopeless for track based effects like EQ, de-essing and dynamics processing. Trust me you will want track based automation as long as it is easy to cut and paste with clips.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]