Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: What are you thinking about CS6?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David LawrenceRe: What are you thinking about CS6?
by on May 1, 2012 at 9:59:15 pm

[Herb Sevush] "I know what Symphony is and can do, I'm still not sure what PPro is, hence the uncertainty. I'm not a big AE user, I like having Symphony's CC right in the Ap, but I'm not crazy about Avid's stodgy timeline style. PPro is much more similar to FC in terms of actual cutting in the timeline, and if they have added the right features, like Legacy's sync indicator, and if their multi-cam is flexible enough, then they've got me. Otherwise I know Avid can handle my workflow, and while I've been avoiding them for almost 20 years, if it's got to be, so be it."

Audio sync markers are there, but they're at the top of my list of things needing improvement. Currently, they only display when linked audio and video are thrown out-of-sync. They disappear as soon as you unlink audio and video. It's easy to select linked audio and video elements separately -- just option select. But I don't think this is a scaleable solution. Like FCP, audio and video elements from the same source should always show sync markers if slipped, regardless of whether the elements are linked or not.

Also, even though I don't use multicam and haven't tried it, I know it's important to you. From what I've seen in demos, it looks like the PP's multicam needs a complete redo. The whole paradigm of a separate window and needing to record a multicam session feels off to me.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]