Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Apple engineers versus an editor's ability to set persistent in to out points in their footage.

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jules bowmanRe: Apple engineers versus an editor's ability to set persistent in to out points in their footage.
by on May 1, 2012 at 7:17:28 am

So let me get this. I can mark an in point on a clip and drag it to the timeline to see if it works and then I can quickly click on another clip and mark an in point and drag that to the timeline and decide I liked the first one did click back on the first clip because I preferred that and the marked in point I made ten seconds ago is still there for me to drag it to the timeline?

Well that's great because I thought I would have to create a favourite of that first in point which would then get stored in a favourites section despite it not really being a favourite because I didn't even know if I liked it when I created it and needed to make it a favourite and then when I wanted to use it instead of just going back to the clip I Had just clicked on I would have to find the favourite I wanted amongst the other favourites that had been collated over the entirety of a long edit with many decisions and choices being tried and mulled over, which would just be stupid compared to the in point simply being still there after I clicked one other clip to have a look.

And who exactly were you making that point crystal clear to? I have posted enough times I stopped trying 10 when the auto save failed to do anything of the sort. Still, doesn't stop my opinions on it, its paradigm and you being valid mate. Last time I checked I - DID - NOT - KNOW - HOW - TO - BUILD - AN- ATOMIC - BOMB and yet I still think they are stupid, disgusting and those that even consider using one are the lowest form of pond life despite them once being a new paradigm of warfare.

That point not valid Bill?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]