Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Insanely Simple the book and Steve Jobs.

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Alex HawkinsRe: Insanely Simple the book and Steve Jobs.
by on May 1, 2012 at 5:50:48 am

[Bill Davis] "There are plenty of editors here who represent your view. And just a couple who represent my view. So why are you so concerned at a voice like mine being represented?"

Do you really think you're that outnumbered? I'd place it at almost a 50/50 split.

[Bill Davis] "I get that editing as an industry is under a lot of stress and there are big changes afoot. But don't that argue for listening MORE closely to alternatives, even if they are currently inadequate to the way you work today?"

Cool. Just play the ball and not the man.

[Bill Davis] "Uh, then perhaps you aren't reading the same threads I am. The term "fanboy" has been applied to FCP-proponents here in about the same percentage that the term "metalhead' has been applied to fans of the band Judas Priest"

Mmmm just as long as I am not referred to one because I listen to Jethro Tull.

[Bill Davis] "I'm sorry you see this as patronizing. It's honestly not my intention to be so. It IS my intention to articulate my difference of opinion on why X has been designed the way it is. And why that re-design can work really, really well for editors with practices like mine"

[Bill Davis] "Okay. Point taken. I"ve probably been too vociferous lately.

I clearly don't have the writing chops to articulate my points without causing reactive pain in those who hold similar views to yours.

Sorry about that. My failure. I don't know how to suppress my ire about what some here write that seems dismissive of X as a tool and an entire approach to editing without resorting to the same (or worse" dismissiveness in response.

Mea Culpa.

But I honestly don't naturally try to "trash" others. If you go back and look at where I get bristly - I suspect you'll nearly always find it to be in response to someone who's written something I feel is wildly off base about either the software's operation, design, philosophy or capabilities"

Fair do's to you. No probs at all.

Alex Hawkins
Canberra, Australia

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]