Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: My Demagnetized FCPX with Tracks

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave GageRe: My Demagnetized FCPX with Tracks
by on May 1, 2012 at 2:03:24 am

Jim,

[Jim Giberti] "I can email you a project folder which is a template I made of it."

Yes, that would be great. You can send it to: webmaster3(at)harmonicalessons(dot)com

[Jim Giberti] "I'm sure you know this, but these are a few things to make sure you defeat magnetism when you want to:

-Use Trim Tool in Secondaries to trim adjacent clips without affecting timeline.
-Use P Tool in Secondaries to adjust clips individually without moving other clips.
-Use P Tool to create L and J cuts in Primary.
-Shift Delete to Lift clip while keeping other clips in place in either Primary or Secondaries."

I'm primarily a musician and web guy and have been busy with non-video projects for about six weeks, so the reminder is helpful. The closest I've gotten to video in the last month or so is reading the two FCPX Cow forums. I'm actually fine with using the default magnetic scheme, but I find your workaround very cool and I'd like to play with it the next time I fire up the program.

Thanks,
Dave

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]