Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Insanely Simple the book and Steve Jobs.

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Alex HawkinsRe: Insanely Simple the book and Steve Jobs.
by on May 1, 2012 at 1:15:05 am

Bill can you please stop insulting and patronising those of us who are happy with editing conventions that have been around for at least the past 30 years.

[Bill Davis] "Apple tossed out a lot of very tired thinking that benefited only those with workflows designed around workflows less and less relevant to modern editing"

[Bill Davis] "I know there are still people who MUST work like they've always worked. And bless them there are plenty of great approaches for those how want to do that. Premier and AVID to name two."

[Bill Davis] "That you're stuck a year later seeing only what the death of Legacy took away - and not understanding anything much about what Apples decision might represent for all editors in the rapidly approaching future - is a sign that you may be stuck in a rut of your own design."

These sort of statements, besides not being uncommon in your plethora of punitive pejorative posts, make it sound like we who are content to bypass Final Cut X have had some sort of frontal lobotomy and need to be pitied because we just cannot see the future of editing.

You can break out any analogy you like, but a lot, a lot, of really smart people think that X just doesn't cut it as a professional editing tool. Now these people are not "naysayers" or whiny neophytes or stuck-in-the-mud-luddites, they are highly skilled, perceptive, forward thinking people who edit for a living.

You love it, that's great. But I don't keep reading posts from other people intimating that you, and whoever else is using X, are: Apple fanboys; don't really know what editing's all about; aren't really professionals and just love new toys.

However I do keep reading posts from you suggesting, or at least intimating, what I've said above.

[Bill Davis] ""Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor"

Indeed!

Alex Hawkins
Canberra, Australia

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]