Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Apple engineers versus an editor's ability to set persistent in to out points in their footage.

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig SeemanRe: Apple engineers versus an editor's ability to set persistent in to out points in their footage.
by on Apr 29, 2012 at 4:02:08 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "I guess since this is the way that FCPX works, I literally hit i,o,f when setting ins and outs in the Event. "

I remember 9 out of 10 times. That 1 in 10 frustrates me. I like the way FCPX works compared to other NLEs but that's mostly because it does what I want without much effort on my part . . . until I want to expend the effort. This is the one thing that keeps burning me often enough to slow me down. I don't expect them to do what I think is a radical change in the function. I like Favorites. I'd wish they would be created automatically when I move off a clip so there's one less thing I have to think about when my creative editing brain is in that mode. I want FCPX to be less keystrokes and in most cases it is. This is one of those exceptions.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]