Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Apple engineers versus an editor's ability to set persistent in to out points in their footage.

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig SeemanRe: Apple engineers versus an editor's ability to set persistent in to out points in their footage.
by on Apr 29, 2012 at 12:40:32 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "But this implies you only want one favorite, or marked range per clip? I think that fcpx offers a better way with allowing more than one in/out range to be marked/saved and recalled very easily upon return to that clip."

No. This isn't instead of the I/O F workflow. This is an additional method. It has no impact an other ranges I've created previously in the same clip.

Normally when organizing one might create keyword collections, smart collections, favorites of course. There's are times in the decision making process where I select a range in the event browser but, before making the edit, I either find myself going to the timeline or, sometimes, to another clip in the event browser to check something. At that point you've lost your range in the clip you initially selected in the event browser. Sure you could remember to this the F key but all to often, some of us have a tendency to check something someplace else and lose the range. The problem is in those situations, hitting the F key, puts a mental brake, an interrupt, in my thought processes.

Hitting the F is fine for organizing but there are times when editing, it's an abrupt interruption.

AutoFavorite is an additional way to create a Favorite (saved range aka saved I/O). It allows you to mark the range, move to something else and by moving to something else, that range is favorited.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]