Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Apple engineers versus an editor's ability to set persistent in to out points in their footage.

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David LawrenceRe: Apple engineers versus an editor's ability to set persistent in to out points in their footage.
by on Apr 28, 2012 at 9:32:52 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "How would fcpx then keep track of what you marked earlier, and what is now selected? You can't have overlapping favorites now, so this would mean this auto favorite would simply delete the work I have done earlier when marking favorties."

I actually think it's pretty easy from a UI standpoint. All they have to do is make the yellow range area stay put one you set it. Clicking outside a range should not turn the range off or select the entire clip as it does now. Leave that decision to the editor. Simple. Or just add brackets or some other visual indicator to the object. It's not a big deal.

The problem as I see it is that the UI designers tried to combine range selection with marking in/out. To an engineer, they may seem to be the same thing, but they're not.

[Jeremy Garchow] "what is needed is range based exporting from the Project (Or Event). That in and out is sorely needed."

Yes!

[Jeremy Garchow] "'I'd much rather have the audio editing get fixed then worry about hitting the f key. It sjust not a big deal, and contrary to what you and Andy argue for, persistent ins and outs do exist in fcpx, you just have to learn to use them."

Agree multi-track audio is a priority. It's currently a mess and I'm curious how they'll fix it. I have a couple hunches but we'll have to wait and see. The big question will it be better than anything we've seen before.

[Jeremy Garchow] "contrary to what you and Andy argue for, persistent ins and outs do exist in fcpx, you just have to learn to use them."

So are you saying this is true for Larry Jordan as well?

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]