Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Speculation on 'another application to join FCPX, Motion and Compressor'?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris HarlanRe: Speculation on 'another application to join FCPX, Motion and Compressor'?
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 9:18:18 pm

[Bill Davis] "[Chris Harlan] "Your Panglossian logic is at work here"

Not sure "logic" can take the modifier successfully.
"

Bill, you could be sure if you'd just consult a dictionary. I promise you; it can take the modifier, raise it up like its own child, and then send it out to nag at you for your overly-positive fallacious rhetoric.

[Bill Davis] "Logic is supposed to be emotion free, isn't it?
"

As used by Mr. Spock, perhaps. But the word "logic" has many more definitions and far broader connotations than you seem to be aware of.

[Bill Davis] "A thing either makes logical sense or it does not.

"

If by this, you mean that within the formal system of Logic, a statement is considered to be either valid or not, you are correct. What that has to do with other uses of the word "logic"--for instance, the way I was using it--I have no idea.

[Bill Davis] "Opinion, OTOH can certainly be described that way.

And that's the currency of this forum. Opinion.
"

An opinion is a held or stated belief. In can be passionate, dispassionate, whatever. Opinions can make you emotional. Emotions can make you form opinions. But opinions by themselves are not defined by emotions.

If you really believed that opinions were the sole/soul currency of this forum, you wouldn't spend so much time frothing up sophistry. We may all have opinions about what the facts are or where the buck will pee, but for most of us that is part of an attempt to ascertain facts and gain some objective view of events.

[Bill Davis] "On a wider note, you should try optimism sometime. "

Frankly, I'm an extremely optimistic fellow. But that's with a little "o." My suggestion for you is that you actually read Candide sometime. There is a marked difference between optimism and folly. Of course, I guess it really doesn't matter when we arguing over something as inconsequential as where the buck will pee.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • by on Dec 31, 1969 at 4:00:00 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
    © 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]