Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: One Year Later, redux: Apple, FCPX and The Perfect Roll-out

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: One Year Later, redux: Apple, FCPX and The Perfect Roll-out
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 2:39:15 am

[Michael Gissing] "So like it or lump it FCPX is a drifting in a direction some like but many hate, not just because it dares to be a bit different but because it doesn't do the same thing that other systems do or FCP7 did. "

That doesn't account for what it does well, or for what it does differently than other NLEs, in a "better" way. Better is in quotes becuase it truly is subjective.

You might not like X's strengths personally, but that doesn't make any less powerful.

With a few free/low cost add-ons, FCPX can almost do what fcp7 did. Almost.

Does some of it need work, yes, and lots of it.

Generic XML import is not there, but fcpXML seems to be working well enough to get out to other industry standard tools (and back).

Audio channel configuration is not up to speed, but stem export is a breeze, complete with video stems if you'd like.

I could go on, but I won't. It's super easy to say what isn't working (or what doesnt work exactly like fcp7), but there's also some that does, and does it well. I'm sure you can say that about any piece of media creation software.

Jeremy

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]