Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: One Year Later, redux: Apple, FCPX and The Perfect Roll-out

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris KennyRe: One Year Later, redux: Apple, FCPX and The Perfect Roll-out
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 1:00:36 am

[Herb Sevush] "Dedicated professional editors who's livelihood is based on the tools they use are not going to be put off by having to enter their credit card info at a website."

True. But winning new users now is probably the key to dominating the market in five years.

[Herb Sevush] "And I don't see typical Ap purchasers, used to buying games at $4.99 for their Iphone, purchasing $299 software for their as yet non professional video use. "

I agree that FCP X probably isn't going to be purchased by many casual hobbyists. But you're trying to divide the world into "dedicated professional editors" and casual hobbyists. That's not accurate. There are non-casual hobbyists, people interested in becoming professional editors, people who aren't technically professional editors but have some 'serious' reason to want to be able to edit video, etc.

Take, say, a high school student who wants to try to break into shooting and editing by trying to book wedding jobs. This kid isn't a 'dedicated professional editor', but it's not too hard to see him buying FCP X. (And if he's really interested in editing, who knows what kind of projects he'll be booking five years later?)

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]