Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Creative Cloud Pros

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dennis RadekeRe: Creative Cloud Pros
by on Apr 23, 2012 at 2:04:55 pm

As a US guy, I really have NO exposure to different pricing outside of the US and am very uninformed about it. However, I will add to one thing here and hazard a guess on the other...

1 - $29 is an introductory offer to existing users as an incentive to go with a subscription. My understanding (again possibly flawed) is that the $29 is ongoing until you decide to turn it off. At that point, whatever the going rate is ($49, $69 whatever depending on what you have) would be what you get going forward from there. In other words, we're trying to give everyone a very sweetheart deal but once you do, I think you want to stay with it otherwise the price will go up. Even at $49.00 per month, that's basically $600 per year, that's a lot less than a shrinkwrap copy - more so when you consider that we will have a new version every year. The value of it is pretty cool and you get access to web and design tools which if you need once a year, are great to dip into and have.

2 - pricing around the world: I really have no idea but the VAT is definitely a big part of it. If I were to guess at the other $4 per month (or whatever it is), then I would say that it is due to exchange rates and Adobe maintaining offices and distribution points around the world. I know it stinks but it works the same way around the world. I understand I can get a Mercedes-Benz a lot cheaper in Germany than in the US - go figure. ;-)

Again as a disclaimer - I know nothing of Adobe finance, world finance rules or any such thing. Just trying to offer up a possible explanation.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]