Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: CS6: on Monday all will be revealed

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Greg AndonianRe: CS6: on Monday all will be revealed
by on Apr 23, 2012 at 5:46:42 am

Bill Davis if this was a rollout for Apple - there would be countless loud voices here speculating (unfairly I might add) that the fact that they couldn't do this in time for NAB is a clear sign that the entire development effort is understaffed, underfunded, and a sure sign of the ineptness of everything the dev team stands for. Hundreds of post would follow trying to to parse out what caused the "delay" - why this important software wan't totally finished and ready for prime time for a formal roll-out at NAB.

Those voices would have been wrong - and for whoever reasons Adobe chooses to release their software whenever and however they choose is up to them - and I don't think it means squat.

While I know you're mostly speculating about Apple here, I don't think it's fair to make a comparison between Apple and Adobe when it comes to a launch like this.

Keep in mind that unlike Final Cut Studio, the Creative Suite has several different versions and only one of them is specifically targeting video production. So making sure the whole thing aligns perfectly with NAB probably isn't as high a priority for them as we'd like it to be.

I think they did a great job of keeping the editing crowd informed though- they came here and provided links to information that hadn't been formally announced yet, and also answered questions about the upcoming release. That, to me, was pretty significant.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]