Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: One Year Later, redux: Apple, FCPX and The Perfect Roll-out

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb SevushRe: One Year Later, redux: Apple, FCPX and The Perfect Roll-out
by on Apr 22, 2012 at 8:31:51 pm

[Chris Kenny] "FCP X is available for one-click App Store installation at a dramatically lower cost than competing applications. It's easier for new editors to learn. "

So is Imovie. I didn't see it eating up market share. If "one-click" installation is such a big deal, other vendors will follow suit. Costs are going down across all NLE applications. If cost is really the major factor than Lightworks will be the market champ, it's free. And don't forget that PPro with an educational discount is under $500.

As for ease of use, we shall see.

[Chris Kenny] "It's built around file-based acquisition and focuses heavily on Internet deliverable formats "

So is PPro. If "one click" Youtube is a big hit, every NLE on the market will adapt it, it's not like it's difficult technology.

[Chris Kenny] " Its UI is based around Internet-age taxonomy -- relationships and tagging."

Since I don't what this means, but it's got big words like taxonomy in it, I'll just have to agree with you here.

[Chris Kenny] "It's designed for a world of speedy laptops that can connect to Thunderbolt storage fast enough to handle even uncompressed HD."

In what way is it optimized for laptops more than any other NLE? Do you mean PPro on a MBpro can't use a TBolt raid?

[Chris Kenny] " FCP X is from a different world than competing NLEs. But that world isn't the consumer market. It's the future. And it's arriving fast."

Oh please, spare me.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+2
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY