Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: One year later... NOW: standardizing on one tool or using them all?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: One year later... NOW: standardizing on one tool or using them all?
by on Apr 21, 2012 at 12:53:03 am

[Aindreas Gallagher] "so say as an editor - he said grandly... your concerns would be asset acquisition, management and categorisation, timeline/modal trimming for story and output no?- "

From the demos, Adobe has done a fine job. The amount of listening and public communication is unprecedented, in as much as I can remember any NLE company to be. Production, at it's very nature is collaborative and Adobe is collaborating as much as they can, I would imagine.

Warp stabilizer goes beyond shiny demos. It's awesome. I'm glad to see it in premiere.

Dynamic Link is also very very good.

My guess is Speedgrade will need some more time in the oven to get fully interacted in the suite, but it will be useful at first, and get better.

As Oliver Peters said, these types of very creative and useful features are where Adobe simply excels.

Whenever a new workflow or piece of gear crosses the desk, I always take it through an entire workflow. Input, organize, edit, collaborate, collect finished assets, conform (a big deal), then master to multiple formats, mostly file, but sometimes rs422 layoffs, then archive. Then the proof happens and I restore it on another machine.

This is the type of testing where the rubber meets the road. I want to see what happens when dynmaicly linked clips go offline and are asked to be restored on another machine. I want to see how xmls, OMFs and aafs work. I want to do the same for Smoke. From what I can gather, Smoke has no interchange out besides OMF and maybe EDL. Sure EDL is still useful, but it's not very deep.

This crazy tapeless world is extremely deep.

Native format editing is awesome, but what about consolidation? How hard is it, how easy is it? How portable is it?

It seems these days that no project is ever finished. I need things to be flexible and restorable, and also collaborative.

Adobe and Autodesk have my attention, now I need to see what they do with it.

Jeremy

*Edited as I typed this from my phone and missed a few things.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]