Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Philip Hodgetts | FCPX numbers | talk with Apple | SCRI numbers

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig SeemanPhilip Hodgetts | FCPX numbers | talk with Apple | SCRI numbers
by on Apr 21, 2012 at 12:50:28 am

Philip Hodgetts | FCPX numbers | talk with Apple | SCRI numbers
http://www.philiphodgetts.com/2012/04/some-final-cut-pro-x-data-points/

I'm not sure if Hodgetts acceptance of things at face leads to an accurate understanding but there are some interesting bits here.

At first I heard it with the generic filter of “Final Cut Pro 7″ meaning all previous seats of Final Cut Pro and I wasn’t prepared to believe that, but it was clarified to be specifically Final Cut Pro 7 and I find that quite believable, as I suspect there was not a really strong take up of Final Cut Pro 7. Still, I think that’s a very healthy milestone as Final Cut Pro X is not yet one year old. (I also think Final Cut Pro X has outsold Final Cut Pro 1 at this time in its roll-out.)

This following bit I think is fuzzy as to what the percentage actually means.

Apple’s market share in the “pro NLE buyers” market (noted above) has dropped. By 3%. From 55% to 52%.

I don't think the following disassociated facts connect. It may well mean that facilities are using a copy here and there to perform a specific function. I seriously doubt FCPX would have 52% of all seats rather than a few copies in 52% of the facilities.

Also it's not clear that the number is specifically FCPX. Many facilities are still on FCP7 or 6 given the comments about the diminished 7 uptake which is believable.

But could it be that only one copy was sold to each facility and that gives them 52% of the “pro” market. I don’t find that particularly credible, given that we know that Bunim Murray alone purchased at least 40 or 50 Media Composer seats in that time.

And the following implies not much for Adobe. Again who knows how they're counting.

The 3% Final Cut Pro X lost in the last year largely went to (no surprise) Media Composer.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]