Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: One year later... NOW: standardizing on one tool or using them all?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: One year later... NOW: standardizing on one tool or using them all?
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 9:15:11 pm

[Walter Soyka] "FCP7 was very flexible, and people forced it into all kinds of workflows where it may not have been the best option. It was a Swiss Army knife, and people used it to slice fruit and fell trees."

I would say that XML was immensely flexible (after a lot of work on it), but FCP itself was not that flexible. It was poplar because of price, wasn't tied to an other hardware besides a CPU, a lot of creatives were using Macs back in the 90s/00s.

FCP was not flexible, it was Mac only, and you needed to be immensely tied to quicktime which made sense when everything was on tape, but outside of that and in this digital age? FCP7 is not very flexible.

[Walter Soyka] "I was saying that a director of photography chooses a specific camera or lens for what it will contribute to the project or even the shot at hand."

It's a different model, and that was my point. You can't rent NLE's (although Adobe, very smartly, is trying to change that), but you can rent a $125,000 Optimo for a couple of days for way less than the down payment on that lens and attach it to a wide variety of cameras, cheap to expensive.

I think we are getting off topic, sorry.

My point is, I have heard over and over to throw it in the tool box. I won't be buying everything, I will make a decision, just as Mark has. I just happen to be one of the ones who hasn't moved on quite yet as the answer is not that obvious.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]