Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: One year later...

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew KimeryRe: One year later...
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 8:47:23 pm

[Andrew Richards] "
This sentiment puzzles me. Had they waited to release FCP X in January, 2012 instead of in June, 2011, it would mean they care about professionals?"

I think I see where Shane is coming from. To me, and I may be off base here, if you are going to launch a new product you are going to put your best foot forward towards your core demographic first and I feel like if Apple wanted to target the 'level' of professional that needs b'cast monitoring, multicam, etc., those things would've been higher on the priority list. They would have been there at launch while import from iMovie and share to CNN iReporter would've been added in later updates.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that plus other things that happened signals to me that Apple is targeting a different demo w/FCPX. Will they take higher end users? Of course. Will they add higher end features? Sure. But, if push comes to shove, those things will take a back seat to the wider user base that they are targeting.

-Andrew

2.9 GHz 8-core (4,1), FCP 7.0.3, 10.6.6
Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (7.9.5)

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]