Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

FCPX Broadcast Monitoring in action

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Eric Parker AndersenFCPX Broadcast Monitoring in action
by on Apr 19, 2012 at 5:50:44 pm

I haven't checked in on this forum in awhile, not sure if it just for bashing FCPX/Apple, or if there are many positive posts as well. Here goes.

Although I'm sure the haters will say 'too little too late', I'm having a good experience with the improved broadcast monitoring in FCPX. Yup, that means I'm using it for professional purposes, both at my freelance studio at home, and at the production facility where I work. At home, I can finally show my work on my Sony XBR client monitor via my trusty Blackmagic DeckLink. At my day job, the same AJA i/o Express that let's me roll out commercial, segment and on-line edits from Avid, now let's me roll out the commercials, graphics and animations that I create in FCPX/Motion (via SDI to HDCAM usually). I've had luck using roles for separating audio stems and have had no problem cutting show segments that wind up in Avid driven on-lines. Some of these shows are delivered digitally, but most go out on HDCAM tape. So far, so good.

It's nice to have the monitor up for color grading/correcting, but I say again, the scopes in FCPX are so gorgeous and responsive that flying by instrument (something I always do since I have imperfect vision in one eye) was just fine for me.

During the first week of its' release, I was using FCPX for a paid professional edit for a major videogame publisher, even in the 'beta' shape that it was released in. I loved it instantly (well, 5 or 10 minutes of confusion), and I was so glad to wrap up my last FCP 7 project. No looking back. There were some birthing pains, and Apple needed to realize that FCP was not an iPod (nobody makes their living with an iPod), but I am grateful that they are looking forward, and the two dozen projects that I completed on FCPX have been a joy to create. And it is only getting better.

E. Parker Andersen - Seventhree Productions
Shooter, Cutter, 2D/3D Graphics and FX
http://www.73pro.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]