Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: The Fog Thickens

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris KennyRe: The Fog Thickens
by on Apr 19, 2012 at 6:40:13 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "I guess I simply can't project what my career is going to look like in 13 years, let alone what gear I'm using. Perhaps that's something I should try and figure out.

I guess I am trying to tackle the bigger problem, and I am generally curious for my own knowledge.

If trust with Apple has run its course, is there an entity you feel more comfortable dealing with?"

IMO the whole computer industry -- i.e. the firmament on which the NLE market presently rests -- is going to change radically over the next 13 years. Far more so than over the last 13. Pro video editing could mostly be done on 70" touch screens running distant relatives of iOS, or by poking at empty space while wearing Google-branded augmented reality glasses. It's crazy to try to make plans with respect to specific markets or products across the shakeup that's already starting in personal computing.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]