Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: The Fog Thickens

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael GissingRe: The Fog Thickens
by on Apr 19, 2012 at 2:40:58 am

[Juan Morales] "My prediction: within now and 1 year, Avid will be bought by Grant Petty/Blackmagic...
Anyone thinks the same?!?"

I'm with Chris. I can't see what is in it for them. Why do they need an editing system? Then again why did they need to build a camera? It makes a little more sense. Blackmagic may be looking at a finishinf sytem by extending Resolve into something like Smoke perhaps and if thney made it cross platform and matched or bettered the price then sure - I could see something in that, But buying a company that is not exactly profitable and competing against Adobe, Autodesk and to some extent Final Cut, not exactly a niche that has a lot of room for mass sales and profits. Recent moves like Teranex and da Vinci show an interest in finishing rather than nuts and bolts editing.

They would also need to then support AJA and Matrox or alienate the growing user AVID base. That would be interesting.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]