Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Apple are hilarious

COW Forums : ToolsOnAir

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris HarlanRe: Apple are hilarious
by on Apr 19, 2012 at 2:00:38 am

[Oliver Peters] "The claim by Apple is that there are now more installed users of X than legacy. Why doubt that? Plenty of new users (amateurs and students) have been added to the fold. "

I certainly don't. But for me, that's where the humor comes in. Its all in the way its phrased: "the company owns 52 percent of the market when it comes to new seats. Additionally, Apple notes that there are now more editors working with FCP X that with Final Cut Pro 7."

52 percent of the market? Maybe of people who've bought things to cut video with, but not of target audience for NAB. Very different markets, with some overlap. Also, are editors now simply defined as "anyone who owns a $300 piece of editing software?"

Seats? That's the way you count installed business users, not folks that want to do stuff with video. I mean, how many "seats" does iLife have? I'm betting the product and term have never met until this last sentence. Its just your average BS corporate propaganda, and I always find that funny. From my POV, that kind of fluffery signals a near-worthless report.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+4
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]