Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Apple are hilarious

COW Forums : ToolsOnAir

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Franz BieberkopfRe: Apple are hilarious
by on Apr 19, 2012 at 12:02:33 am

[Chris Kenny] "... what we do know is that Apple has 52% of NLE market ... new installs ... "

Chris,

We don't "know" that at all.

What we know is that Apple pointed to a report based on a survey that "suggests" something. (... and as Aindreas likes to point out, they did it in a secret Las Vegas hotel room meeting.)

One would assume that if actual sales numbers were impressive, Apple would publish them.

I think the current guess is somewhere on the lower end of 300K - 1000K.

Further, I have little idea of the scope, methodology, or factual basis of the survey. To start with, one assumes they are talking about U.S. markets. But who knows? Mysteries.

[Chris Kenny] "The real takeaway from this isn't the specific number, it's the illustration that number provides of how out of touch a lot of the discussions here are."

I find much of the discussion here very much in touch with specific needs - often they aren't my needs and they may not represent "wider world of editing" (whatever that is) but they do represent pretty concrete things.

If you can find information on the "wider world of editing" I wouldn't be the only one here interested in your findings - this forum is a great place to share.

Franz.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]