Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: The Fog Thickens

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris HarlanRe: The Fog Thickens
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 4:36:44 pm

[Chris Kenny] " to appeal to a much larger market than is mostly represented in these forums, and it seems fairly plausible that it's actually quite successful in that market. As far as I can tell, Apple is doing the 'appeal to the low-end, then move upmarket' thing. People 'upmarket' are judging it as a failure because the 'move upmarket' part of that hasn't happened quite yet (though with respect to features, it's progressing rapidly), but at this stage it could only be definitively said to have failed if the 'appeal to the low-end' part weren't working. And that part seems to be working. There's absolutely no reason to believe FCP X is a commercial failure. It's the top-grossing app in the Mac App Store (following Lion, but Lion isn't actually an 'app'), which means it's probably one of the most successful apps on the platform. And the current version has a 4-star rating there -- many people seem to be buying the app and liking it."

I agree with everything you are saying. I was simply responding to your statement "I think people would have recognized this had it been from a company other than Apple." My guess is that if it had been released by anyone other than Apple, it wouldn't have been particularly noticed.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]