Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: I'm at the editing software crossroads. Advice?

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob WoodheadRe: I'm at the editing software crossroads. Advice?
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 9:28:00 pm

I don't find PPro on the Mac to be unstable. Sometimes Dynamic Link gets wonky on app startup, but an app restart always seems to fix that. Make sure you have lots of RAM.

PPro will be an easy transition from FCP. You can always use the other tools in the Suite, regardless of which NLE you end up using. So it's not a wasted investment in time or money.

Daniel had good thoughts above, I'd add that if your work isn't ((some catch-all for stuff that's mostly cuts n' dissolves)), you should get the demo of Smoke 2013 that comes out in June.... big BIG news there.

So I'd suggest if your version of FCP isn't coming with you from the old job to get the new job to buy Production Suite, and see what transpires over the next several months.

"Constituo, ergo sum"

Bob Woodhead / Atlanta
CMX-Quantel-Avid-FCP-Premiere-3D-AFX-Crayola
"What a long strange trip it's been...."

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy